Saturday, January 11, 2014

Happy Birthday Fusion Style

Hello Friends! Happy Saturday. Hope you are doing something fun this weekend. We'll be hanging out enjoying our 70 degree weather. As nice as the weather is it would be nice to have some rain.

I found a new challenge (new to me) called the Fusion Card Challenge. The inspiration photo fit the bell so well with the papers I had on my table I went ahead and played along. I took my own liberties with the sketch, turning it and not quite lining up my 3 elements, but isn't that what a sketch is all about?


I love this little bicycle stamp.  Unfortunately the company is no longer in business. That seems to be happening more and more these days which is sad. Though I've also noticed a few new stamp companies popping up online which is good.


And the envelope please..excited about Award season anyone? I used to watch them but now I just catch the highlights when I can. I love looking at the gowns and jewels. 



Here is the inspiration and sketch photo for the first challenge of the year. Pretty cool huh? Love the colors in that room, I'd love to live in that room!


Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate it!

****

Paper: MME Honey Cake & Recollections cardstock
Stamps & Ink: Paper and Such Vintage Bicycle Stamp, Inspired by Stamping (sentiment), Stampin' Up Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie Ink
Embellishments: May Arts Jute Twine, Button from JoAnn's, Martha Stewart Doily Punch
Adhesive: Scotch ATG & Glue Dots







6 comments:

  1. Look at this! Such a cute and finished card ensemble! First, that card is really cute, with such a great take on the sketch. Love how you made the sketch your own and turned it and moved the three elements around. Second...you finished the envelope! I need to do that more often...such a beautiful touch and something that is quickly understood how much time, effort and love went into it before it is even opened!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful take on the Fusion Challenge, Jennifer! I love the image and how you paired up with the pattern paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the layers Jennifer!! Great to see you made the sketch your own. So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so GORGEOUS Jennifer, love the patterned paper you use :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is wonderful...lovely choices of paper and love that bicycle!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card and I love all your layers you did! Your envelope is beautiful too :) Thanks for playing with us at fusion!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)