Saturday, January 4, 2014

Hello and a Happy Birthday card

Happy New Year! I can not believe it's 2014. I have lots of plans for this year...now I just need to make time to do them all. I hope the new year has been off to a great start for you!

I made this card for a dear "old" friend of mine. Since her birthday is in January and mine is in March, I joke that she's SO much older than me.  I love the way it turned out, the color combo reminds me of Fall.


I used paper from My Minds Eye Honey Cake. The flower and leaf stamps are from Fabulous Florets by Stampin' Up. I fussy cut both and even used sequins for a little bling.



I stamped the envelope and added little blue dots to mimic the pattern paper. I've been trying to figure out ways to dress up the envelope so it's not so plain. You will be seeing more of this!


Thanks for stopping by! Oh and a BIG thank you to everyone who stopped by for my December Creative Candy posts . It was nice having a break from card making and regular blogging. Hope you enjoyed the feast for your eyes!

And of course, Happy Birthday Rosy!

****

Paper: MME Honey Cake, DCWV Coral Couture & Recollections cardstock
Stamps & Ink: Stampin' Up Fabulous Florets, Avery Elle All Occasions Tags (sentiment), Stampin' Up Early Espresso, Pumpkin Pie & Certainly Celery Ink
Embellishments: May Arts Jute Twine, Button and Sequins from JoAnn's, Martha Stewart Lattice Punch, Die Cut frame from Cricut Cartridge
Adhesive: Scotch ATG & Glue Dots


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card Jennifer!!! Love all the flowers! Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! I totally see fall, too! What a beautiful card, and once again, such a yummy, coordinating envelope!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)