Friday, March 14, 2014

Enjoy Every Day

Hello and happy Friday! It's almost the weekend and we have plans to spend it at the beach. Nothing like getting a warm beach day in the middle of March right?! We certainly are lucky.

I've been super busy doing this and that but I finally made time to play in Virginia's watercolor challenge. This is her first challenge and I'm so happy she started it. I love her work, it's always fun to stop by her blog. She even posts eye candy a la Ryan Gosling every now and then.

This first challenge is watercolor. I used 110 lb cardstock from JoAnn's, it seems to really hold up well. I smooshed Squeezed Lemonaide and Peacock Feather Distressed Inks onto my acrylic block and then picked up the colors with a water pen and just swept if over my paper.


The butterfly is from Cricut. I used the negative to cut another butterfly from a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf cup cozie-great way to upcycle and cheaper than buying corrugated paper. I have coffee and tea drinking friends save them for me.


I wrapped Caribbean twine (from the Twinery) around the middle of the butterfly and only adhered it in the middle as well. So the wings "flutter". The sentiment is from DCWV Vintage Collector and is stamped in Peacock Feathers as well. A few gold sequins from JoAnn's and tada! 

Check out Virginia's View Challenge blog for more on the challenge, techniques and some really awesome entries. Have an amazing weekend!


10 comments:

  1. Love your sweet card, Jennifer! FABULOUS way to use that butterfly diecut with the water-colors! Thanks so much for playing the first Virginia's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Jennifer! Love your butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous, love that big butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty, Jennifer! I love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous Jennifer!!! Love the big butterfly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delightfully colored butterfly, Jennifer. Love the LO and the great color palette. Thanks for the great tip about the coffee cozies. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your fluttering butterfly, with the twine wrapped around its middle, is fantastic!! The gold sequins add such a great detail to the card. Thanks for your visit and comment on my blog - soooo appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty...love the marbled look of your butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That butterfly is gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful, Jennifer! So clever to upcycle and I love the watercoloured, layered butterfly!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)