Tuesday, April 8, 2014

A Year in Cards

Hello friends (waves frantically!!). Oh my it has almost been a month since I last posted...tell me where did the time go? We have been enjoying our warm weather and sunny days, lounging around, spring cleaning, playing with new toys and visiting friends.

I've been crafting here and there but not steadily. Though I did put together and donated a box of cards for a charity gala. With the help of a friend, who is so clever and arranging and displaying, we put together a Year of Cards by Sophie n Me.


I made a card for each month of the year and then included some extras for birthdays, a thank you, thinking of you and hello friend. Here are a few closeups of some of the cards in no particular order...


August - Since there is no holiday in August (except for Sophie's birthday hee hee) I choose a ice cream cone to celebrate the summer heat.


 July - For the 4th of course!


November - This is my go to stamp for November since Thanksgiving reminds me of family and friends and the tree reminds me that we are all together, even if we are apart.


October - Halloween of course...love this pretty and elegant skull paper!


 Hello Friend - No specific month, just a sweet card to send to someone.


 Happy Birthday - again no specific month, just a fun card for a birthday.


January - I made a different card for Christmas that was red and green, but since January is still winter (every where except CA, right?!) I decide this cute snowman could grace this months card.

September - no holiday that was easy to craft for since there is Labor day and the first day of school for many kids. So I went with a fall theme for a family. One of my favorite cards!

I used a lot of brands - PTI, Echo Park, DCWV, Hero Arts...if you have any questions please let me know and I hope I can tell you.

I am so proud of this little box! I have no idea what it sold for at the silent auction but I hope it sold for lots since it was for charity.

That's all for today...hope you enjoyed my long picture post. I'll be back with some more cards soon. Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful cards and gesture, Jenn! Give Sophie a hug for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful cards and gesture, Jenn! Give Sophie a hug for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards Jennifer!!! Oh so love that :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful cards! I hope life slows down a little for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a wonderful showcase of cards for a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It showcased beautifully! That is always the biggest challenge for me! I would have loved to see how your friend did that. It looked great! I did a few events when I lived in Hawaii. Makes you feel good to support a great cause! Hope the recipient appreciates your hard work! Fabulous designs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)