Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Butterfly Birthday

Happy Spring Break...Sophie and I are enjoying a week of play dates with friends, good food and getting ready for Easter. The creative bug has bit me and I've been crafting up a storm. Hopefully I'll get everything photographed and posted soon. 

I am super excited to share this card. I made it for Virginia's View Challenge #2. This challenge is all about stencils. I will admit that I own one stencil...yup, just one. I used it on a card that I might share. LOL. That should tell you what I think about that card.

Now this card on the other hand, I love. I use the negative from a die cut of a butterfly. I then stamped it with a wood grain strip stamp from MME Miss Caroline set in Early Espresso ink from Stampin' Up.


The plaid cardstock is also from MME Miss Caroline. I used Tea Stain Distress Ink and inked all around the edges of the card. I also inked the edges of the sentiment (from Stampin' Up). Honestly I wanted to add so much more to this card, but the more I tried and arranged other embellishments on it, it just didn't work.

Here is a action shot...I used washi tape to adhere the "stencil" to my cardstock. So easy to do and so easy to remove. 


I really had fun with this card...I'm definitely still learning and have a lot to learn! I'm also linking up with Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Winged Things. Thanks for stopping by...hoping you're having a great week.



9 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! Have an awesome spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you have used this one and only stencil so beautifully! You just knock this challenge out of the ball park, Jennifer!! I adore that deep and rich wood-grain on the negative part of the stencil! Thanks so much for your kind comments and joining the fun over Virginia's View Challenge! Enjoy your Spring break with Sophie! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not jumped on the stencil train. Not sure I will. Never say never, but you sure rocked it! Have fun girls! Enjoy the rest of the break! I, unfortunately, got the stomach flu, not fun, so today I am trying to recover from that. Not a fun way to spend some SB days. Plus it's been cold here. Today, we woke up to temps of 28.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your woodgrain butterfly, Jennifer! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful woodgrain butterfly! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A woodgrain butterfly! How marvelously trendy and fun, Jennifer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a Gorgeous...woodgrain butterfly Jennifer :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your kind comment, I love hearing from you! =)